Married to Superman

Thursday, January 26, 2006

1-26-2006

Tragedy: n 1: an event resulting in great loss and misfortune

Tragedy. My thoughts drift to it today. The word is used to often now-a-days. It seems that such a powerful word now seems less powerful. Why is that? Why would we cry if we heard it before, but now we are so accustomed to hearing it that we just let it roll off, like we never heard it?

I have heard so many things referred to as this, such as the attacks on 9-11 that bruised the very core of our Nation. Yet, in this we found something that we never have before. We found that we can come together if we need too. So, if such a thing came from it, then can we really call it a tragedy? If we all had the faith in God, then it would not have been a tragedy, but a celebration. A celebration that many souls got to go home to be with their Lord, where everything is good, there is no pain or tears. Yet, I stop. Human nature does not look at it that way. We are not trained to see death as something great; we are weak in the flesh and our hearts long for our lost ones. This I do understand. I miss my grandma – She was called about half a month before my 13th Birthday. I am now 22 and at times it still feels raw.

Now, I wish to reflect on another thing that I have heard as a tragedy. That is the fact that President George W. Bush is indeed our current president. Tell me something – Do you not realize that you are choosing to use a word to decide a man that is going the best he can – when you also turn around and use this word to describe death? I understand that out troops are over in Iraq and numerous places defending our freedom and that they are missed. Yet, how can you blame the president, when people sign up for the military on a voluntary basis? The president is using the resources that are available to him. There is no draft – You choose to join the military on your own terms, so you should expect that you will have to fight. With out the military being over there, the terrorism would be here.

We where ATTACKED on 9-11 – Did you see how if effected our nation? It hurt, it burned, it caused about 10 new songs to be produced…people wept, people wailed, and they didn’t know what to do. Yet you wish for the troops to be pulled from there, so that we can welcome more? I just don’t understand you people.

There are missionary’s that are over their constantly, in the mist of it because they CHOOSE to be, yet you don’t see people blaming God when one of them is injured or what-not. No, you see God’s people stand and pray for them. God is just using his recourses and so is President Bush when it comes to the military.

If we all would just stop to take a moment to pray instead of grumble, oh how this would help. All the energy that is put into hating could be used for the good and our Nation would be so much stronger.



I woke up this morning with this on my mind. I typed it up, so that I could post it later on when I got to work when I was on my 1st break. Many people don't feel the way I do, and I don't expect them too, but this is my opinion, and I have the right to express it. I hope that if nothing else, you think about it.

Have a good day all.

Torie

(I love you Lucas)

Posted by Torie :: 9:41 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------