Married to Superman

Thursday, December 29, 2005

12-29-2005

Ok...I just saw something that really disgusted me ya'll...let me copy and paste:

Q: Are cattle in the U.S. beef industry are routinely fed chicken poop, animal blood, expired household pets and other undesirable food sources.
TRUE. The feeding of chicken litter (feces + feathers + other unknowns) to U.S. cattle is a USDA-approved feeding practice that is necessary, says the USDA, to reclaim the valuable nitrogen in chicken poop produced by chicken farms. People who eat non-organic beef are often eating secondhand chicken feces.

EWH...here's another:

Q: Are many common grocery products (including yogurt, fruit drinks and candy) are colored with an ingredient called "carmine" that is actually made from insects: dead, ground up husks of female cochineal beetles.
TRUE. Just about every container of strawberry yogurt, for example, uses this insect-derived food coloring. Aside from the gross factor, carmine also poses the threat of causing a rare but fatal allergic reaction known as anaphylactic shock.


All found on website http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.asp

Yet they wonder why america is so screwed up...look at what is legal...geeze...

On a better note I am getting a new dog tonight...well maybe...Mom and I (and maybe Lucas) are going to get it tonight. A guy that Mom and Lucas work with found it on the side of the road and Mom graciously said that she would take it. It is apparently someone's pet because it is clean and friendly...yet there was no collar. All the local animal shelters and SPCA's have been called and the owner has till Jan 15 to claim it...as much as I would like another dog I just keep thinking about a sweet little kid crying because their puppy is lost (Lucas gave me that visual, but I needed it because I wasn't thinking rationally, so I thank him for that) or a nice older person who had nothing but their dog for companionship...because of this I am taking the dog to the SPCA to be scanned for a microchip (It is inserted under the skin and when the animal is scanned it will show the owners info and stuff. My Dad said that we are not allowed to get attached to it till Jan 15th, because then it will be ours :) So for now the dog will simply be called "Dog."

I was also informed that on my last post yesterday that I was not clear in explaining that I asked Lucas to make me go to the gym when I didn't want to go, so he is indeed doing what I asked him to do and should be cheered for. ***CHEER*** I love him very much and appreciate everything that he does for me!

Later ya'll!

Posted by Torie :: 2:08 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------